Monday, September 29, 2008

My Date With Karlos


I have been set up on a lot of dates...but Saturday night's took the cake! Craig and I were talking the other day on the phone and he asked if I wanted to go to a play that was being put on at The Heritage School where he worked. He said that he was coming, his parents and possibly a couple of other people.
That crazy Craig...he ended up working, and the only others to show up were Karlos and me.
So my "date" and I watched "Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dream Coat".
Lousy date....I didn't even get a good night kiss.
All joking aside...this was a fantastic production. All of the participants were between the ages of 12 and 18. Both Karl and I were very impressed with the quality of the play, the props, the acting and the overall production. The Heritage School does a fantastic job. They put on a production like this once a year, and I highly recommend you check it out. I plan to go again next year...but this time with a female date.
Speaking of dates...have you seen this movie? "My Date With Drew". It is a documentary about a guy who really, REALLY wants to go out on a date with Drew Barrymore. I won't tell you how it ends...but I recommend you check it out.
Finally...as long as we are on the topic of movies...I am announcing the first official Blu-Ray Movie Night! Everyone who wants to come is invited. (It helps that I don't have a couch yet...plenty of room for people to sit on the floor).
On Friday October 10th at 7:00 PM...we will be watching "Run Fat Boy Run". If you haven't seen this, I highly recommend it. It is a hilarious, yet touching movie that will move you...well, to do something.
As with all Movie Nights, you are required to dress appropriately. The theme is "Running".
If you don't know where I live in Provo...leave me a comment and I will contact you with the information.

10 comments:

The Wright's said...

So sweet. I hope you bought him popcorn.

Dang - I have to miss the first movie night! We will be in St. George with the Wright's. We come home Sat afternoon. Count us in for the next one!

Craig Lifferth said...

I'm glad that you enjoyed the play. I don't think I'm working the 10th so I will be there.

rsheedy said...

That's pretty funny. Well you could do worse than uncle Karlos...he's not so bad, really. :)

Anonymous said...

sounds like some sort of motivational movie gone bad.

Chrissy said...

Will you be taking a tour to Bellingham?

Becca said...

You crack me up. Glad you could have some uncle bonding time.

nikki said...

Yes!! I can see it now... Will I like this movie, Zach? I'm asking you personally because I know you will know.

whitney said...

I'm glad you had so much fun at the play...now if we could just find you a *female*, preferably non-related date ;) Sorry I can't go to the Movie Night...it sounds like it's even worth finding a babysitter for. just not for four days :P If it's any consolation, both of the movies mentioned have now been added to our Netfix queue

The Bagleys said...

Zach,

I would love to come to Movie Night, but I will be in the Bay Area hanging out with...wait for it...Danny Glover! Dont worry I will tell him hi for you. Ill say Danny, Zachster says WHAT UP!!

T$

Famous Amos said...

Do we need to reschedule our "Utah time"?