Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Woe Is Me...


I want to first thank all those of you who made it to movie night last Friday. I hope that everyone had as good a time as I did. For those of you who missed out, we did watch "Run Fat Boy Run". All who showed up were given a Marathon Number to pin on their shirt, and plenty of Gatorade to go around. I want to give a special shout-out to Jamie for her fantastic mini-pumpkin pies! Even Scott thoroughly enjoyed them.
On Saturday I took a date up to drive the Nebo Loop. Due to unforeseen circumstances, we only had enough time to get up to Payson Lakes and back. But it was a lot of fun. We got some really good pictures in the short time we had. (Thanks Kaila for letting me take your camera!) My date had a really red coat that stood out in fantastic contrast to the yellow leaves of the Quakies. I wish I had taken more advantage of that.
So the other day we get a message at work that instead of going to Scotland in December or January, they are going to move it up and send us before the end of the month. They are breaking us up in to 4 groups of 4 and staggering our trips to accommodate the training school in Aberdeen Scotland. Most groups are going to be gone for 5 days: 1 day of travel, 3 days in Aberdeen, and 1 day to return home. One group however, has to leave a day earlier than normal...spend a night in London...arrive on a Sunday morning, (thus giving them PLENTY of time to adjust for jet lag)...three days of schooling...(to learn how to survive in a water helicopter crash). Oh and then they have to stay one more extra day to get European Physicals done. (Apparently European Doctors don't trust American Doctors.) (Please tell me that I don't have to explain the irony of this picture)
Anyway...after the extra day chock full of a 15 minute inconvenience, this same group has to hang out in Scotland all that day and then they FINALLY get to depart on their homeward journey on Friday. Two extra days...more extra time...more extra pay.

Guess which group I am in.

It's ok...if I wasn't me....I would be jealous too.

If anyone is interested, tomorrow night, (Wednesday), I am going to have an impromptu movie night and watch "Braveheart"...and you are welcome to join me! It is rated R. For anyone who has had a stereotypical "What's Your Favorite: (fill in the blank)" First-date Conversation with me, you will know that this is my number one, all-time favorite movie. Of course most of the hundreds of people (girls) that would fall into that category are probably not reading this blog right now, nor ever. But alas...I digress. I'm going to Scotland! I'm going to eat Haggis! I'm going to wear a kilt in the traditional manner! Man...I have a tough life!

20 comments:

rsheedy said...

I am insanely jealous. Make sure you take lots of photos! Perhaps I could fit into your suitcase? Just maybe?

Mark Nott said...

I found that the people in london were pretty rude. But the people in Scotland were the nicest people I've ever met. I hope you have a great time.

The Lund Five said...

I too am very jealous! I would love to go to Scotland. Sorry I missed the last movie night, I heard it was a lot of fun. I don't think I'll make it to the impromtu movie night tonight, but if you have one in the future I will definatley be there! Have fun in Scotland!

Smiley Family said...

Awww, thanks for the nice shout out - you are the best! And thanks again for the super fun movie night. Bri and I had a lot of fun and I told everyone in my family that they missed out big time! We can't make it tonight, but we will definitely be to the next movie night. Have fun in Scotland - you really do have it tough. I can't wait to hear all about it. Be sure to take some pics to share with those of us who will probably never set foot in Scotland.

lasantine said...

Woe is you, indeed. But, being the highly compassionate person that I am, I volunteer to sacrifice myself and go in your place.

What a good cousin I am . . .

Craig Lifferth said...

The pictures from the date turned out very nice. With the red jacket it looked liked something from The Village. Have fun over there and keep it real.

Kaila said...

Boy you've got it tough. By the way, Braveheart is the reason I got my way with Oliver's middle name. Noah wasn't sold on Wallace until he remembered that Braveheart's name was infact William Wallace, so there you go.

Becca said...

What's House?.....ha ha J/K. Your job sounds pretty great. Have fun in your travels and maybe one day I will make it to movie night.

Sonja said...

You have a great life Zach. A really great life! And I sure love reading about it on your blog!

Adam said...

You use big words.

Gretch said...

How Fun! Sad I missed the movie nights and of course super sad to miss out on Scotland! I hope you have fun and are very safe! Make sure you leave the airport...lol

Chrissy said...

have fun!
I was in Scotland I saw a man urinating in the street. When his friend tried to get him to stop he shouted "FREEDOM!"

Adam said...

Wait, Why is Scott missing an arm? Was there a recent accident that I'm not aware of?

whitney said...

Ahhh, uber-jealous! Have fun eating your haggis and wearing a drafty kilt.

Julene said...

Thanks for inviting us to movie night! It was awesomely planned out. Sorry we missed the memo about the running gear. I checked my email and realized I got the email, I just hadn't checked it.

Anyway, hope you have fun in Europe, I just feel so sorry for you, having to do all that traveling...

Sheri Willardson said...

I miss that Payson canyon drive...
the pictures are beautiful.

Hope you have fun in Scotland-I am super jealous. One day I am going on a whole european vacation and I am going to hit as many countries as I can (someday when I am rich and famous).

I am a huge fan of House. Love the picture! You have always been good for a laugh. :)

Jonathan said...

Wow can I trade lives with you????

Hallstrom

whitney said...

Just wanted to add that Spencer and I watched Run, Fat Boy Run last night in your honor. We both thought it was pretty good. Gotta love that british humor.

Momma Mimi said...

WOW! Scotland is absolutely gorgeous! So Jealous!
And I am SO looking forwarded to another movie night! Your so fun to hang out with!

Carianne said...

Zach I am so glad to see you are doing well... and back in UT, whoo what a relief.. Well we swapped spots. I am now living in Redlands, CA. BUT I have a blog too!! Super fun reading your blog!

-"Basically" Carianne

http://www.basicallygrafts.blogspot.com