Monday, August 18, 2008

Homeward Bound


Many of you slightly older than Generation Y, yes, you who are fondly referred to as Generation X, probably remember this classic feel-good flick: Homeward BoundFewer of you will probably remember, (or care to admit that you actually saw it), that there was a sequel made: Homeward Bound 2: Lost in San FranciscoAlso known as, "Our pets are stupid...but as owners, we take the cake."
All this waxing nostalgia, coalesces with the excitement and down-right giddiness that I feel as I make the following announcement:
I'm coming home!

That's right...this is not a drill...this is not a visit. I am moving back to Utah and I couldn't be more thrilled. (I don't know how Governor Huntsman feels about it all, but I am sure he is happy to have another registered voter, even during his pandering to the elementary school crowd)Another huge aspect of my Limbo-esque state that I wrote of last week, was due in part to my waiting to hear on a job I had interviewed for with a company in Provo. It is the same company that my brother works for, but I won't be making ladders.No, my difficult assignment will be to travel the world visiting oil rigs and making sure their computer networks and communications are copacetic. Now some people might question why I would ever want to get out of the Network Marketing world.Or trade living in Orange County California for the glorious city of Provo. However, Utah, is my home. That is where my family is, (other than a small off-shoot who are making their way in Spokane, WA).
I am excited to be coming home. I am moving up over Labor day weekend...and as soon as I am settled in, there will be movie nights...oh yes Mark, there WILL be movie nights.

29 comments:

Mark Nott said...

BOOYAH! We'll movie it up like it's 2010!

Welcome back... soon!

Mommy Melissa said...

Congrats on the job, and the decrease in limbo-ness.

The Carter Family: said...

That is AWESOME!! I'm sure I'll probably still see you about once a year, but hey...ya never know, right?!! WELCOME BACK!!

HelloBridgett said...

Ha ha... ladders... I thought that too for a while.

Smiley Family said...

WOOHOO!!! I am so happy for you! There is no place like home. The only thing that would make your news better would be if you were moving to Salt Lake County :)

Gretch said...

Ladders...LOL! Really what does Noah do?
I'm SOOO happy for you! I'm glad you'll be a little closer to us. I hope that you enjoy the traveling. Love You!

Becca said...

That's awesome Zach! Congrats on your new job. Have fun laboring over Labor day.

mightybob said...

sooo... which of the "homeward bound" critters are you, then?

rsheedy said...

Right on! That is awesome news!

Julene said...

I am so excited Zach I can't wait!-Gabe

lasantine said...

Congrats!

But now who will go to dinner with my hubby when he gets shipped off to Cali on a business trip?

I hope you like your new job though! Let us know if you're ever traveling in our neighborhood!

Craig Lifferth said...

Backpacking? Camping? Running around naked? All those plus movie nights!! Its a great day to be alive.

Fiona said...

Yay! It will be fun to have you back here!

The Lund Five said...

Yeah! It will be good to have you back!

All About M.E.('s) said...

Perfect, I've got a girl I want to set you up with.......ha ha just kidding. Really, I'm kidding-I wouldn't do that to you.
Welcome home!

Unknown said...

YEAH!!!!! I am excited that you will be closer, and we probably still won't see you much!!! LOL, just kidding... We can't wait to see you!!!!

whitney said...

Yay! Yay! I don't even live in Utah and I'm super-excited for this new move. I figure as I visit Utah about once every six months (give or take a few), I'll probably see you at least once a year, but possibly more. I gotta get my fill of you when I can.

Chrissy said...

ha ha ha I love the pics here. Congrats on the move.

Elvenbane said...

All I can say is, "YEA!"

When will the "Welcome Back Zach" BBQ be?

Anonymous said...

Wow, You're coming back to where you belong. I also think you should have added the song by Simon and Garfunkel song entitled "Homeward Bound" It would be fitting don't you think? Well I have to say is.... Welcome back to the Beehive state.

Laura F said...

Yay!!! You know you have a standing dinner date at our house - we just got back, too and look forward to seeing you. Let us know when you're in and settled!

Kimie said...

Since everyone else is saying Yea! I'm going to pipe in with a Sucker! You are moving BACK to Utah? What is wrong with you? ;).

Anonymous said...

Running around naked Craig? I missed part of that story.....
Anyway, I won't be joining in. But I LOVE movie nights!
-Blue

Anonymous said...

P.S. of course I will be happily joining in on the clothed movie nights... I realized afterwards that that post could have meant nakedness or movie nights.... I will be skipping the nudists' marathons....
-Blue

Mandy said...

Now where the heck am I going to go when I need a weekend break...you can have naked movie nights in my new theater room...projector has been purchased!!!

patshala said...

Yeah for Provo!!!!

Monica Lifferth said...

Holy comments! Congrats Zach! CAn't wait to see that face of yours a little more often!

Kelli Hawkes said...

Now that you will be back in Utah are up for a blind date?....
Welcome home!

Sonja said...

Zach, I love your blog. Sorry I don't comment more. You've been in my prayers through surgery and I'm thrilled to have you in Utah again! I'd sure love to see you and have you meet my family. If you ever find yourself in SLC please let me know! I sure wish you all the best. You deserve it more than anyone I know!