Wednesday, August 27, 2008

"The Rocker" ROCKS!


I'll admit...I really didn't put a whole lot of stock into expecting much from this movie. However, as a last "Harrah!" in California, a friend and I went and saw it tonight.

IT WAS AWESOME!


Seriously...we thought it would start strong and then go downhill from there...or that all the funny parts were already shown in the trailers. Oh no...it started strong and like a steroid-pumped Russian body builder...just kept going to the final credits. The music was fantastic. The acting was great. The storyline was good. The humor and dialog were brilliant!

Oh and if that isn't enough to convince you...for those of you who remember a short-lived, but genius series called "Love Monkey" with Tom Cavanagh (also famous for his roles as JD's older brother in Scrubs, and Ed from Ed)...the lead singer of the band in "The Rocker", is played by Teddy Geiger, the same kid who played Wayne.

Wayne was good. "Curtis" (the character) is better. Teddy Geiger is awesome.

If you go to see this movie and you don't like it...I will fight you.

Go see "The Rocker" right now. Stop reading this. Go now. Seriously. You'll thank me. And I will say, "You are welcome. I told you so."

Why are you still here?

Seriously...leave!

Finally.

11 comments:

Mark Nott said...

I heard there was naked Rainn... no amount of "funny" can convince me to look at THAT!

JakeLifferth said...

Well Zach I'll have to check it out. Sometimes movies can pull out a surprise. Oh, and I'm definitely in for Mt. Nebo... it's always good to go with someone who know the area.

whitney said...

I'll catch it when it comes out on DVD...however, don't take that as an insult-Spence and I watch all our movies when they home-viewable. In fact, I can't remember the last time I was actually in a movie theater :P How sad is that?

Craig Lifferth said...

I'm on my way!

Chrissy said...

wait, did Mark say the movie had naked, I'm totally there. What am I watching all these French films for if Americans are doing it too?!

I think this is going to the when it comes to DVD pile for me. Babies make movies hard to see.

Momma Mimi said...

Ya know, their costumes alone are a HUGE winner!!!!

Sheri Willardson said...

Zach-I found your blog through my friend Becky Meyers (remember her?I don't know how she found you), but I am so glad I did! I hope you are doing well-love the blog! I have a blog, but its private, so you will have to email me at tswillardson@yahoo.com I hope to hear from you soon!
Love, Sheri Carter Willardson

Meredith said...

Well I guess I'll have to go see it. Andrew and I always love to escape to a good movie. Comedy is always good. So Yes I'm still alive. It's good to hear from you!!

Gretch said...

Up date your blog!!

Love ya!
:)

Crazy Lifferths said...

How about a new update brotha?! Hope to see you Tuesday at 6 if you can make it!

nikki said...

Dear Zachary, you need to update your blog.
Love,
Blue