Tuesday, January 01, 2008

Hmmm...how about a Reunion?



Do you see this Google Images randomly selected portrait of a family reunion? Do you see the happy smiling faces upon each and every one of these joyful participants? (Except for that guy on the third row...I think he may be drunk). Anyway, my sister Gretchen and I have been discussing the idea of a family reunion for the Lifferth Clan...but without the drunkenness. We think that it is high time we start planning a gathering of all descendants of Henry and Wanda Lifferth (which will be over 250 people).

So this is my request of you dear reader, what ideas do you have for a family reunion? Where do you think we should have it? The number one goal of this is to get EVERYONE together for at least 2 days. We are also thinking the Summer of 2009, in order to give us plenty of time to plan and get commitments. So comment please...tell us what you think. Or you can e-mail me at: liffdog@gmail.com

After all...don't you want to be as happy as this generic family?

Oh yeah...Happy New Year and all that crap.

9 comments:

The Carter Family: said...

I think it sounds GREAT!!! What a FABULOUS idea! Of course all the logistics would be something that you party planners would have to work out-we'll just show up for ALL the FUN!!! However, I do think we need to do it in a wilderness area of some sorts so we can have room to run wild and so it will be reminiscent of the reunions we had growing up!

Springville Lifferths said...

Great idea Zach ... My vote is MONTANA!!
Love You
Karl

Mark Nott said...

first we need to publish a "year book" or website with everyone's photos to learn all 200+ names

Gretch said...

So Zach and I counted and named 95% of the Henry/Wanda Lifferths. We came up with 254! We were a little unsure on how many kids the Tennessee Lifferths have had. Any idea on Dan, Jon, and Jeff?

I think a reunion is a must and that Montana would be perfect.

Smiley Family said...

I LOVE IT!!! It really would be great to get everyone together. I hope it is a possibility for everyone, but count us in! Montana is a good idea, but someplace in Utah would be easier for 75% of the clan.

whitney said...

Oooo, sounds like fun! I'll help w/some (minor) long-distance planning, although count me out when it comes to the cooking (that's more my father-in-law's area). Montana sounds great, although I do agree w/the Smileys that Utah would make the most sense covenience-wise.
The Oklahoma Lifferths

Nathan and Esther said...

I think that is an awesome idea! I would love to have a reunion, preferable in Utah, but Montana would be awesome if we could get that meadow in the north forty.

Laura F said...

Zach, I got a big family directory the other day of MY family, and lo and behold someone married into a lifferth family. So, how many of you are there, and how many are related?

All About M.E.('s) said...

Sounds like a fantastic idea. My vote is for here (not here as in my house, but here as in Utah) or Montana. Maybe we can rent a whole campground (or two) by a lake. Sounds like a blast!!