Friday, January 04, 2008

Hey...It's January 4th


I think it is time for another random post on a random day.

First of all...I have no idea where I am right now. Ok...I looked at the address on the hotel sheet...I am in Concord CA. For those of you who may have been preoccupied with the whole Presidential Race results in Iowa (congratulations to Obama and Huckabee), here on the west coast, the Bay Area is experiencing what has been termed "A 100 Year Storm". This is a storm of such force and magnitude, that it only happens once every hundred years or so. As I was driving from Sacramento this morning to Concord, I saw 4 semi-trucks that had blown over, and I was behind one semi and witnessed the wind blow one side of it off the road. It literally went up on 9 wheels. It was crazy.

Yesterday I stayed in the DoubleTree hotel in Sacramento. We had a guest there who I helped check in. We got to his room and it was a total mess. Really, really trashed. But when I finally got to my room, there was someone already there. This morning there was a huge spider in my bathroom. I am going to write a strongly worded letter to the Hilton Hotel Chain. Perhaps Sister Hilton herself, (who never showed up to our Downtown LA Party back in September), will read it.

I was stuck in the San Francisco airport yesterday for a long time. I saw a missionary who was on his way home. I was prompted to offer him my cell phone. At first I dismissed it, thinking it was just my own random thoughts. But then as he was staring at the pay phones, I was prompted again to go offer him my cell phone. So I did. He needed to call his parents and tell him that his flight would be delayed. He was going home. Good Work Elder!

I also saw a 747 Jumbo Jet in that airport. If you have never really seen one of these in real life, I recommend you seek it out. Truly an engineering miracle. 747s are HUGE...and they FLY! Way to go Wright Brothers!

It's a very small world. I found out today that the wife of one of my good friends, (she also is a good friend), is related to me through marriage. That is pretty cool because she and her family are very cool.

Speaking of family...this reunion idea seems to be catching on. I think we can pull this off. Estimates of the size of our family by 2009 are somewhere around 300. I am hoping to add one to the flock before then...and I am not talking about fathering a child.

The logical choices are Utah or Montana. Logistically speaking Montana would be a bit more difficult; however, it WOULD be worth it. But for a better turn out we may need to stay in Utah. Not that this is bad...Utah is amazing. However...Montana just has that special something.

Finally...Mark will appreciate this...in a HUGE blow to the HD-DVD world, Warner announced that they would cease putting out movies in HD-DVD and will only put out Blu-Ray formatted movies. Let's hear it for BLU-RAY!!

14 comments:

Craig Lifferth said...

Sounds like your traveling around again! Man, do you ever get time to relax and enjoy life? Keep up the good work brother! Love ya.

Mark Nott said...

Isn't that blu-ray news exciting! The best is the fact that HD DVD didn't even see it coming. They had to pull out of CES in Vegas this weekend. Now once Universal figures it out, the stupid war will be over.

The Carter Family: said...

Who cares about HD DVD vs Blu Ray-I'm more interested to see when you are going to be adding to the large Lifferth clan!! That would be a terrific new year's resolution to keep!

The Carter Family: said...

p.s. no offense mark!!

whitney said...

Huckabee...sigh...I think I've turned democrat-I'm just such a bleedin' heart. That storm just sounds crazy! I too am oh-so-interested in who you will be adding to the clan. If you really get on the ball maybe you can add 2to the group. I don't know, though, I haven't really done the math...

Nathan and Esther said...

it sounds like you have had a crazy couple of days! I'm glad I didn't see that big spider, I would have demanded a room change then and there! Mystery Lifferth...hmmm...are you getting a dog?

mmclarkfam said...

ZACH!!! hello my long lost friend! I came across your blog while i was looking at Sonja's site and I wanted to say hi! I haven't really finished my blog page, i don't know if i ever will. Do you have a facebook page?
anyway, i'd love to catch up a bit. send me an email if you can and we can chat.
adios amigo!
Melissa

Craig Lifferth said...

I forgot to post it but you should write sister Hilton a little letter. I'm still a little upset that she never showed up for our killer party in downtown LA. Does she know who we are? Life goes on, yes it does.

Zachary said...

MELISSA!!! E-mail me at liffdog@gmail.com. I tried to find you on Facebook, (I might have...the picture was small). But there are over 500 Melissas with your last name. Craig...I will let Sister Hilton have a piece of my mind. Who does she think she is? Mark...Let's Hear it for Blu Ray...SO Fabulous. And for everyone else: If I get married by October 1st, there will be time for an additional Lifferth by July of 09. Wish me luck! A wedding by October! Any suggestions?

Smiley Family said...

I do have a cute single friend Zach!...But I tried to set you up before, and well, we know how that one turned out don't we. If you need more people on the planning committee for this reunion, let me know.

Smiley Family said...

Oh, and I want to know how your friend is related to us.

rsheedy said...

So much to say, so little time! First of all, your hotel room experience is awful and I would have been on fire. Unfortunately, it does not compare to a horrendous experience Uncle Kevin had at a hotel in Cedar City; you need to ask him about it.

As for the reunion deal, it would seriously rock. I'd be happy to help, if I can! And dude, don't feel obligated to add to the family...we'll still take ya! Besides, you aren't as old as I was when I (finally) got hitched, so you have plenty of time. :)

Sonja said...

Zach I love your blog. What a fun life you have. And I've been paying attention to those storms they sound scary. Be safe. Oh and now my husband is talking blu-ray. Shouldn't be long before we have one since our DVD player just broke.

All About M.E.('s) said...

Uh, it WAS January 4th....7 days ago. We want updates. We want updates. We want updates....