Tuesday, December 25, 2007

Merry Christmas!


So the marathon is over. We actually did better than a lot of people were guessing. We started yesterday around 5:00 PM and went until 7:00 AM this morning. We did take one brief break between 3:30 AM and 4:30 AM to help Santa out. Other than that, it was a Gilmore gallimaufry of Greatness. We drank a lot of Dr. Pepper, Egg Nog and ate many a frozen pizza and snacks.
At 7:00 we fell asleep on various couches throughout the room, and then around 8:00 AM, the present opening began. This was a wonderful Christmas, I received many great gifts that I am grateful for...but most of all, I got to spend time with my family. It's been a spectacular day. I thank our Heavenly Father for this time of year that we get to focus on the birth of our Savior.

3 comments:

whitney said...

Sounds like a night full of chick-flick fun. I'm glad you had fun and I am oh-so-jealous of the frozen pizza. The fake cheese pizzas we get just aren't doing it for me. Kudos on getting your Christmas post up so quick, I'm still working on mine.

The Carter Family: said...

Maybe I should have been there since I have never seen a single episode of Gilmore Girls and I have NO idea what it even is about! Of course, I never could've lasted that long (well, maybe with all that dr. pepper!!)Hopefully you have caught up on all that sleep!!

The Wright's said...

I just saw the post from Bridgett. Zach, I mean Santa is so very, very generous. You are very kind. That sure was kind of you! You are such a great guy. However, I did notice you didn't stop by to say hi this holiday season... You could make it up with a TV if you want! ;-)