Saturday, June 06, 2009

Holy Crap! It's Lifferth!


I bet you are thinking that this is going to be an in-depth dissertation on the origins of the Lifferth last name. Well, it's not. The title comes from one of my seminary students.

Let me explain:

Friday (yesterday), was the last day of Seminary down in Orange County. The Supervisor invited me to come down and surprise my students from last year with a visit. So I and a friend went down on Thursday, and surprised my students from last year on Friday morning. When I walked into the class, one of them turned and looked at me and exclaimed:

"Holy Crap! It's Lifferth!"

It was really good to see all of them! I was so happy to see how many of them are still going to seminary, and all of them remembered me and were happy to see me.

My traveling companion and I had a great time visiting Balboa Island, eating expensive cupcakes with a friend, walking the piers, and boogie boarding at Huntington Beach...not to mention the fantastic road trip. Pictures will be coming, I promise.

However, here is a picture depicting everywhere I have been in the last 7 days...that's right, one week:

Scotland -> Amsterdam -> Detroit -> Salt Lake -> Provo -> Cedar City -> Orange County -> Cedar City -> Provo -> Spokane.

10 comments:

Mark Nott said...

you're a spy aren't you

Monica Lifferth said...

I get that comment all the time. Everywhere I go really.

No, I think it is awesome you got to go visit your students. I always wonder where and how some of my past students are. Do you ever wish you still did the seminary thing?

Nathan and Esther said...

You are one busy man! That's fun you got to see some of your students.

Gretch said...

The last place is the best place!
SO happy you're here!

Becca said...

I can't believe you travel that much. How fun. That is cool you got to see your old seminary students.

Chrissy said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Chrissy said...

You should make your way up North and a little West. Bellingham is a beautiful place to be.

The Wright's said...

I'm with Mark - oil might be a decoy...

whitney said...

Ooo, good idea, Mark! It's all making sense now...the traveling...the high tech gadgets...the quick wit (to get you out of sticky situations, you know).

ah crap, ezra's taken the couch apart. again. the wittiness will have to stop here, I guess.

Smiley Family said...

I'm beginning to be quite suspicious of you...