Tuesday, March 03, 2009

Health...In Proper Dosages


A popular dish in Scotland and the UK is Fish and Chips. This pretty much consists of deep fried fish with French Fries. Mmm...Cholesterol!

So there is a quaint little "chip" shop right next door to where I am staying. The other night I stopped by for some Haddock. I asked if I could get the fish poached instead of deep fried, and they were happy to oblige. So I ended up with one of the most delicious, succulent fish entrees that I have ever had in my life. It was amazing.

However, not wanting to upset the delicate balance of my finely tuned, processed food loving body, I also had a deep fried sausage.

Health...in proper dosages.

12 comments:

Craig Lifferth said...

That sound really good right now! Could you bring one back for me?

Alternative polka said...

I'm jealous of your diet habits!

whitney said...

Yet somehow you manage to stay as thin as a rail? Could someone please, PLEASE explain to me how that's possible. I'd really like to know.

(sorry, I'm feeling a little postpartum right now :P )

Nathan and Esther said...

it's very important to balance things out.

christina said...

I am comforted to know you are eating well and taking care of yourself.

Anonymous said...

That's probably how you tend to stay so thin. (I hate you for that) I am glad that Scotland has satisfied your taste buds.

The Wright's said...

MMM.... Sounds heavenly. Fish and Chips are divine, aren't they? BRING ME SOME!!! (and speak in a Scottish accent when you do, it will make me feel like I was really there instead of eating 4-day-old food!)

Chrissy said...

I wish I could send you to this Amazing place that makes fantastic potatoe pancakes. All I can say is they were in an ally with no room to sit.
Also eat here The Elephant House
21 George IV Bridge
Edinburgh, EH1 1EN
Phone: 0131 220 5355
It's the place JK Rowling wrote the 1st Harry Potter.
But they have great food that was pretty healthy.

Jonathan said...

Way to kepp it all in perspective.

Elvenbane said...

MMM! Fish and chips!

Julene said...

Glad to see you're eating a "balanced" diet! lol.

Annie and Zeke Smyth said...

WANNA BE BLOG FRIENDS???? I'm going to add you to mine