Monday, August 04, 2008

Chop! Chop!


Ok, so it was more of a snip, snip...but I literally just came out of a the drug induced sleep and take no responsibility for whatever I end up typing here.
The surgery went well. At least as far as I know at this point. I have two gnarly scars that are going to be some serious "Show Off" material. (Apparently "gnarly" is not in the dictionary as my computer is telling me that it is spelled wrong. But as I said...no responsibility right now.)
The doctor went in and took out a piece of my arm and part of my thigh for examination. The results probably won't be in for a week or two...but at least this part of it is over.
I really want to thank all of you for your thoughts, well-wishes, and especially your prayers. I know that they were all answered. (Unless any of you prayed for a pony...then I have no idea if it was answered or not.)
I have to say...waking up from a drug-induced haze is kind of an invigorating feeling. Most of the nurses and my friend who picked me up from the hospital are all questioning why I am so perky. I have no idea.
So when I first came to on the recovery room bed, I looked down next to my thigh and saw a brown stain. I thought to myself, "OH CRAP! Did I poop myself during the operation??" Then I realized it was just dried blood.
Like I said...no responsibility for my writing right now.
Anyway...enjoy this post while it is still up. I may read it later and decide to take it down. In the meantime, I have a serious hankering for some turkey, stuffing and mashed potatoes with gravy. When is Thanksgiving again?
Maybe I can find a restaurant.

In what may be my only lucid moment of this post: I really do want to thank all of you for your prayers. Faith and our Heavenly Father will always have more impact on our lives than anything man can create. So thank you.

20 comments:

The Wright's said...

Well, no need to call you - Sounds like it all went well! I hope you feel this good tomorrow!

Keep me posted. And enjoy your Thanksgiving dinner.
Love you.

All About M.E.('s) said...

How big are your incisions? I assumed they just needed a small sample, but from the sounds of it, it was a rather large sample? Anyway, I'm glad you're done with it. Hopefully this solves the mystery?

The Carter Family: said...

Ouch!! Just hearing about it makes me hurt! I am glad that all went well and good luck with recovery and have fun showing off your scars-I can't wait to see them!!!

lasantine said...

I'm so glad things went smoothly.

So you know, the Z-Monster pronounces your name "Wacky".

I thought you would appreciate that;)

Craig Lifferth said...

Sounds like everything went well! Plus I already text ya, so I thought I would leave a get well note! Love ya

Smiley Family said...

It sounds like your surgery was more intense than I thought it would be if you are going to have "gnarly" scars! Glad all went well.

I think it is so funny/interesting how anesthesia effects people so differently. I cried and cried and cried (with no tears, just crying noises) when I woke up after getting my wisdom teeth out - weird.

Mooryan said...

you had a 'snip snip?' ah. wow.

glad to here things are looking well.

Chrissy said...

Nows a time to watch the Love Guru it will actually be funny on lots of pain killer.

Becca said...

I'm glad everything went well with the removal. No surgery is fun....the pain meds are though!

Monica Lifferth said...

Glad you're alive and doing well! Big scars are always a good coversation starter. You can pick up ladies with them. Awesome!

The Lund Five said...

I'm glad that all went well with the surgery. It sounds like it was a little worse than I thought. Hope you have a speeedy recovery!

dml said...

dude, welcome to the scar club...it pretty much rocks. and aren't drugs cool? well not illegal drugs. but i feel your pain with surgeries. well you rock and remember who love's ya!
p.s. gnarly is in my computers dictionary.

Kaila said...

I'm so glad things went well. Being put under is such a trip! When Noah woke up after his hernia surgery, he was so cute and vulnerable and just wanted to hug. I was sad when he was back to normal. Well, keep us posted.

Erica said...

Glad you are doing ok...yes, i'm still reading your blog! :o)

Alternative polka said...

you're a cool cousin so I"m glad you're still kicking.

Elvenbane said...

I missed all the fun! While you were going under the knife, I was camping in the Uintahs with my family. Hope all is well! Keep us posted!

Julene said...

Well, we called you the day of, but I'll also wish you a get well soon! We're so glad you went through it well. Hope they can get things figured out without too much more poking and prodding!

Anonymous said...

Well I would have prayed for you if I would have known about the surgery! However, I am behind the times and am just reading about your surgery. I am glad to know that things went well and that you are alive and well. I am also thankful that the doctors in California aren't all Plastic surgeons. :o) Love ya tons, and glad that you are well.

Gretch said...

I'm glad everything went well. I still wished we lived closer so I could take care of you or make you Thanksgiving dinner or just give you the Jones soda version.
I love you Zach and am always praying for you!

whitney said...

Oh good! I'm so glad things went well. Don't worry, we're all a little crazy when coming out of surgery. As for the food cravings, stick around long enough in the hospital and you'll get your comfort food. Hospital food is fabulous at really stickin' to your ribs.