Sunday, January 13, 2008

Lesson Learned


As I stare at this inch and a half laceration across my thumb, I feel inclined to share with you a valuable lesson:
When deciding to crush a Yoo Hoo can on your forehead, pause a moment and ask yourself this simple question, "Self...could the result of this asinine publicity stunt have negative results, such as said can twisting into a razor-sharp shrapnel-like scalpel and eviscerating a bleeding cotter across your thumb?"
Perhaps you won't be so cavalier in your can-crushing-on-forehead adventures in the future. Especially when the only audience you are trying to impress...is yourself.

I'm a sad, sad, sad individual.

14 comments:

Nathan and Esther said...

sad, sad...but FUNNY FUNNY! oh how you crack me up Zach! Hopefully though, you did not bleed too much and that it will heal quickly...for the welfare of your pride. :)

Yelyah's Corner said...

Zach...I love your blog!!!! Sorry about your finger, but that is the funniest thing I have ever read!

dml said...

young ninja, you forgot to focus, how many times have i told you that! now go, and do ten training laps.
but for real, your crazy. and that is why i love you.

Monica Lifferth said...

Zach, you are hilarious. Next time, get an audience. :)

Smiley Family said...

You are a crack up Zach! I can always count on your blog to give me a good laugh.

The Carter Family: said...

Ouch! That must've hurt! I have a paper cut on my thumb that I think hurts...now I guess it doesn't hurt when I imagine what it COULD be! Hopefully you have some nice character band-aids to bandage it right up!!

Craig Lifferth said...

The best advice is what I give myself and here it is "Whenever I'm about to do something, I think, "Would an idiot do that?" And if they would, I do not do that thing." There you go and I loved the blog. We all do stupid things in our lives.

whitney said...

Oh, but Zach darling, you do have an audience...what do you think we all are? Who would we laugh at (with, I mean with!) if it wasn't for you?

Jen said...

I have a pirate band-aid you can have.

Zachary said...

I really need to get some cartoon/pirate/ninja bandaids.

Erica said...

Um...you don't know me...but I think you and your blogs are freaking halarious! I'm Monica's sis, by the way! Good stuff!

Gretch said...

Zachy. I wish I could have been there to witness your can crushing experience. Lol. Sorry about your thumb. I think you should post a picture of your cut.

Anonymous said...

Oh Zach. Zach, Zach, Zach...
Blue

Sonja said...

Zachy, you are very funny and I love reading your blog. Always makes my day!

Be careful with the can crushing however.