Sunday, December 02, 2007

Hey! What Happened To November?


Seriously...what happened to the month of November? It seems like just yesterday it was the middle of October and everyone was all a'flurry about what to be for Halloween. Now it is December. Is it just me or does time seem to move more and more quickly as we get older? (More "seasoned" for those who refuse to acknowledge any additional birthdays past 25).Just like this enervated camel racer, once we get moving, it is really, REALLY hard to slow things down.
So what happened to November?
(Bonus points to anyone who can figure out what this picture has to do with November.)
For me, this entire month is one large blur of hotels, cargo vans, airplanes, airports, and presentations. I have one particular training that I could probably do in my sleep now.In the end though, I did get to have a wonderful experience with my family during the Thanksgiving holiday where my sister, her husband and their son, Miracle Max, were all sealed together as a family forever. I love the Gospel.While I was in Utah I also got to see my Grandma Lifferth. At the beginning of the month we were all preparing ourselves for what everyone assumed would be the end of her mortal experience...Personally, I was worried that she might pass away while I was traveling and I would miss out on major parts of the burial process. I was in Russia when my Grandpa passed away, and although I was happy to be on the Lord's Service, I would never want to miss on that family bonding again.
Speaking of family bonding though...I just got back from Seattle.I had some business trainings up there, but I was also able to spend the day with my Aunt Tanna, Aunt Sally, Cousin Michael and his wife April and their daughter. It had been quite some time since I had seen any of them, and I was very grateful for the chance to visit with them again. I always walk away from visits with my family feeling like I am on top of the world.
(Yes...that is a picture of me)

Anyway, I had a wonderful time visiting with them and wish I had been able to see more of my family that lives up there. I seriously have the greatest family anyone could ever ask for. And to Aunt Tanna...the word was Omphaloskepsis.It's been a really good month. A lot of things have happened and I was able to accomplish pretty much everything I had set for myself to do. But I still can't believe how fast it went.If you haven't checked it out yet, my sister Bridgett has started a second blog where she reviews music and artists. For anyone who may not know, Bridgett has an unbelievable talent for understanding, playing, writing and singing music. Usually whatever she currently enjoys listening to is just a few weeks from everyone else in the world discovering it.She has also invited me to be a guest contributor to do reviews of movies. Check it out and look for my upcoming thoughts on such greats as
"The Chipmunk Adventure"
"The Brave Little Toaster"
and of course everyone's favorite, "The Apple Dumpling Gang"!I have added the link on the right.

Oh and for anyone who hasn't figured out the picture from above and how it correlates with November, click here.

8 comments:

Crazy Lifferths said...

So sad that we didn't get to see this visit...maybe next time. That is AWESOME that Monica, Eric, and adorable little Max were sealed!! Good for them!! Hope to see you soon!!

The Carter Family: said...

How exciting that Monica and her family were sealed! That is super neat! It is also neat you got to hang out with the Seattle relatives-they are fun and we never get to see them enough! Take time to remember December-the best time of the year!

All About M.E.('s) said...

That is so cool that Monica, Eric, and Max were sealed and I'm glad you were able to be there. One of these times when you come to Utah, well have to plan a cousin get together. I miss seeing you at family get togethers. We had the family Christmas party tonight-wish you could have been there. It was fun to see the fam. We also saw some pictures of grandma's casket. It is so amazing. Your dad has done a beautiful job!

Anonymous said...

Congrats to your family on the temple sealing.

I never would have guessed that pic either.

Craig Lifferth said...

I wasn't able to see ya when you came up for Thanksgiving but we'll have to catch up soon. I agree November went really fast! xoxoXOXO

Smiley Family said...

The pics on your posts always crack me up. November was way to busy for you. Hopefully you can slow down in December.

Nathan and Esther said...

I fully agree with you zach, November went by waaaaaaay to fast! That is way neat about Monica and her family, yay!

Anonymous said...

That pic - Guns N' Roses - November Rain