Wednesday, November 07, 2007

On The Road Again!


So once again I am traveling for work. Over the next two weeks, I am going to be visiting and/or staying in 11 different towns and cities.
The first stop is beautiful Portland Oregon!

Portland is a fantastic city. It was one of the first ones that I was ever able to visit for work when I first took this job. The back ground of Mt. Hood is amazing to see in person. The people are very nice, and there is a large Russian population that is fun to work with, (despite my Russian being rusty as a sunken ship.) There are also some really cool places to shop at, such as Voodoo Donuts (which my paltry words could never adequately describe...and Powell's Bookstore, (the largest bookstore I have ever seen...the picture is very deceptive).

Finally though, I decided to wax maudlin and visited a little shop that sells "All Things Oregon". Last year I bought an Oregon Ducks Scarf there...but not for me. It was weird to be there again.
Next stop...SEATTLE!

5 comments:

Mandy said...

Please be careful who you talk to in Seattle. They can ruin your life forever!!! Oh, and you should call Carrie while you are there.

Gretch said...

Oh your so close to me!!

Smiley Family said...

I have heard of Voodoo Donuts. Eat a couple for me okay! I spent one night in Portland about 10 years ago when I was on a road trip with some friends. It was beautiful.

The Carter Family: said...

don't forget about all the other relatives in seattle also!

Nathan and Esther said...

Lucky!