Thursday, November 08, 2007

Oakland...I Think


Yesterday was a lot of fun. We made the drive from Portland to Seattle in just under 4 hours, (including lunch). I honestly thought it would have taken longer...but then I remembered that not all states are as long as California or Utah. It was an awesome drive with some fantastic scenery. The highlight of it all though was lunch. We stopped at a roadside diner called "Farmer Boy Diner".All of the employees, except for one, were very large burly men wearing overalls and plaid shirts. Any one of them could have easily squeezed all the juice out of an orange with just one hand.Obviously I went with the chili dog...which really wasn't that great. The chili was rather bland and the only redeeming factor was the Tabasco Sauce. I only hope and pray that those farm boys don't have the Internet, and never find this blog. If so, my name is Noah and I live in Orem Utah.
So I honestly have no idea what day it is, what day of the week it is, and I thank the kind TSA employees who made sure that it was in fact me getting onto the plane this morning. I don't know if it is a good sign that when I got to the rental car place, they said, "Oh Zachary! Welcome back!" I really didn't get much sleep last night as my insomnia seems to have returned, settling itself in the humble routine that is my life. I did get a lot of thinking done last night though. Speaking of thinking...I think I am in Oakland.

2 comments:

Nathan and Esther said...

Sounds like you are having fun. That Diner sounds like a hoot! I think you better pray that those boys really never see your blog...lololol.

Anonymous said...

Please have fun for me on your trip. My life is boring.