Friday, May 18, 2007


This should be entertaining...
I just caught myself staring into the bottom of my water bottle and seriously contemplating how the word omphaloskepsis came to be. While we are at it...what about words like campanologist, (which has nothing to do with camping), tintinnabulation, (which actually is related to campanologist), and why does corybantic always seem to precede descriptions of mosh pits and grunge band concerts?

I realize that it has been a while since I updated this. In fact, it has been so long, that Max Powers, whom I last wrote about, is now roving the streets of Payson with his tricycle gang, dragging Barbie dolls and telling people that "this is how I ride".

Ok, so maybe it hasn't been that long. However, I feel it is about time that I award my diligent fans, ok, fan...I like to call her Mom, with an update on my life.

Over the last three months, I have been to Vegas, Hawaii, Oregon, Utah at least twice, the Bay area of California, Phoenix, there was another hazy moment or two in Vegas again, and Long Beach. I have swam with dolphins, went on a chili dog eating spree, (maybe that should be more of a present tense phrase since I am still chasing the dog from restaurant to restaurant in my relentless pursuit to find the ultimate Chili Dog, so far PCH is winning), I slept one night in the backseat of my car, changed clothes in my driveway at 5:30 AM, held 2 different girls on two different days for over an hour each while they cried about different lost loved ones in their lives within 3 days of each other, and I shocked 15 teenagers in my Seminary class when they learned that I was hip enough to be familiar with...AND HAVE... a MySpace page.

Not counting Sundays or time outside of California, my last day off was near the beginning of April. I did laundry that day. Tomorrow I have the day off and the only thing I have planned is sleep. And watching TiVO. And finding just one more chili dog. Maybe 2.

So there you have it...the summation of three months of work, travel, seminary, overdosing on energy drinks, and an unexplainable fascination with chili dogs. I think I am going to go to lunch. Maybe I will have Mexican.

6 comments:

mightybob said...

you held 2 girls for over an hour each?! i'm jealous! ok, so not really... actually i'm glad i'm not either of them...

hope you got plenty of sleep! (poor little zachy...)

Zachary said...

If I remember right...I held you for quite a bit. And you didn't even have to lose anyone:)

And yes...I am getting lots of sleep. Almost 8 hours last night!

The Wright's said...

Ummm.. I noticed that you were in Utah twice. Funny. I don't recall seeing you. At all. And where are the pics from Hawaii. You really should put more photos on this page. I am a fan too, you know.

Zachary said...

It's true...I was in Utah twice...and both times you were in California getting an HOV and...I can't remember my excuse for the first time. I'll repent and sin no more. Hawaii pictures to come...

Crazy Lifferths said...

I am utterly offended! I thought the same thing that Jen did, "In UT twice? I don't seem to have a memory of either of those visits!" AND, I was not in CA getting an HOV vehicle, so what excuse do you have for that one?! Plus, I am a big fan too...I still check your blog more than 3 times a week and no update, until miraculously today there was! I was about to stop checking in!

Zachary said...

Crazy Lifferth K-Sauce...you are right. I apologize to you also. I shall repent of my evil, non-visiting ways and sin no more. Thank you for being a fan. PS - LOVE the photos your very cute baby. Congrats on the 8 month mark!