Thursday, February 15, 2007



Max Powers Update-
I have had many of you asking to know how my new nephew Max is doing. First of all, thank you very much for your concerns and prayers. I have no doubt that they are being answered. Max is doing awesome.
As I previously noted, he was born at 3 pounds and 3 ounces. The latest update is that he is now 4 pounds 1 ounce. (I just realized that I ate the same weight in burritos over the last two days...Go Del Taco!)

On a personal note...for those who might not have heard...I can no longer stay up late during the week. I have been asked to teach Seminary every morning at 6 AM to the Sophomores in our stake. For those of my friends who are not Mormon, Seminary is a weekday class that high school students take to study the scriptures and the Gospel of Jesus Christ. I have to say that on the one hand I am very excited about this new opportunity, and on the other hand, I am scared spit-less.

Funny...I always thought you had to be married to teach Seminary. I asked the Stake President twice if he knew that I was single. He said that it was ok, they just won't be calling me as a bishop any time soon. I didn't think that was very funny.

Finally...in honor of the Simpsons and Max:

4 comments:

mightybob said...

Aw, hang in there, little guy! (I mean you, Zach... early morning seminary... yawn)

Zachary said...

Thanks Mighty...I am SO not a morning person. I need all the help I can get.

Anonymous said...

So it has been almost two months since your last entry! Don't you know I've been waiting for your entries...I want to hear about your Hawaii trip! Miss ya Zach

mightybob said...

indeed! isn't it about time you updated?...