Monday, April 11, 2011

New Post

There is absolutely no way that I can properly cover everything that has been going on since my last post, (or even since my last guest's post). However, I am re-investing myself into my blog and hope to once again, much like the proverbial Phoenix, raise my blog to the standards and entertainment that it once was.

And I need a better medium for keeping a journal.

With that said, I will just give you the briefest of synopses on the doings of my life.

I know that the question on everyone's mind is, "Who was that masked blogger that swooped in and left the wonderful Valentine's Post?"


Well, her name is Ashlee...and we have been dating since December. We met in an Institute class and have been spending quite a bit of time with each other since then. She is a brilliant young woman, served a mission in Thailand and has a Master's Degree from BYU in Art History. She is currently working as a curator for a local art museum.

I have also recently changed out vehicles in my life. The Passat has been replaced by a Ford F-150. I won't lie...I am enjoying the 4x4 option.


As far as work is concerned, I have been making regular treks to and from Shamrock, TX since September. It's funny how last year and the year prior to that, whenever people asked me where I had been or where I was going, they were always impressed as I would say things like, "Scotland", "England" or "Trinidad". But lately, I can see just the slightest disappointment cross their face as I now answer, "Texas".


And it's not even an off-shore rig...it's a land rig with rattle snakes and everything.

I have also joined the Twitter Nation. I will be the first to admit that I am still quite the tyro at it...but I am learning. Feel free to follow me if you wish @liffdog23


So there you have it...I have brought you relatively up to speed on my life. Moving forward, I am looking forward to golf and driving the motorcycle...not to mention a quick trip at some point to Spokane, WA to help replace a roof.


Until then my extremely faithful readers...I bid you adieu.

5 comments:

Craig Lifferth said...

Welcome back! I already follow you on twitter so you should feel special.

Unknown said...

My jealousy knows no bounds my bodacious beefy burrito of bravado!

Unknown said...

yay! yay! for a heavy dose of Zach!!

I'm so glad things seem to be going so well for you...and by that I mean that you have a girlfriend ;) And an art historian, no less. She's definitely got my vote.

If you ever find yourself my way...somehow on a round-about way to Shamrock, let me know.

Corianne said...

Don't forget your trip to Laramie!!

K and S Whitehead Family said...

So are you going to propose to this Ashlee? ;) You both seem very smitten with each other and I'm/we're excited you are happy.