Monday, November 29, 2010

Him? Oh that's Lyle


So my buddy and I are getting ready to head home to Utah after three wonderful weeks in Texas. We pulled into Oklahoma City around midnight and checked into our hotel. Both of us being hungry, we decided to cross the parking lot to the local IHOP.

While we were there, my buddy Eric noticed a guy in a cowboy hat across the room that looked really familiar. I looked over, and both of us at the same time realized who it was. We tried to get a good picture...but this was the best we could do.

So as we were leaving, we grabbed the waiter who had been serving Mr. Cowboy Hat and asked if that was Lyle Lovett over there. The waiter had no idea who we were talking about. I wanted to slap the kid across the face. He then said, "I'll go ask if you want me to."

And he did.

And it was!

I felt bad for interrupting his meal, so I went over and apologized for sending the waiter. Lyle (as I call him now), was very cordial, asked my name and was a very, very kind man. I figured we had already bothered him enough, so I didn't ask for a picture or anything...but was truly impressed at how nice he was.

And that was the night I met Lyle Lovett.

5 comments:

whitney said...

That's craziness! I mean, really, how random is that?!

rsheedy said...

That is wild...I was just watching a show last week (Castle) and there was a character that I could have sworn was Lyle Lovett. So I looked it up and sure enough, it was him! Random.

Craig Lifferth said...

Lyle is dabomb.com

The Carter Family: said...

who? no, seriously...now I need to google him...just don't slap me next time you see me!

Anonymous said...

Well Marry Christmas all and a Happy new year. Lets see what Zach brings us in the up coming year.