Friday, October 15, 2010

Satisfaction...


Have you ever come off of one of those work shifts where you are already in your 30th overtime hour, every impossible scenario that no one thought would ever happen...did, and you were the one in charge?

I just had one of those shifts.

But as I walked away from the tower this morning, all "fires" now under control, with my shoulders drooping just a bit from exhaustion, I pulled off my hard hat with a dirty, gloved hand, turned and saw the sun just starting to begin the day breaking a purple, red and orange dawn across the Texas plains. At that moment, I knew that today was a whole new day and that everything was going to be all right.

Now that...is a feeling of satisfaction.

3 comments:

rsheedy said...

What a gorgeous photo. I can't say I've ever been in that situation...I'm delirious after 8 hours, there's no way I could do 30! You are amazing; way to go! :)

whitney said...

Look at you all King of The Tower. Sounds like a much-needed breath of fresh air.

ps-You should try Tulsa if you're ever up in the air. The architecture is fabulous and it has a fun old-money vibe to it.

The Wright's said...

Beautiful photo! Although waiting up for 30 hours? Don't know if I could do it! Jen doesn't do well without sleep! Apparently, that doesn't run in the family.