Thursday, April 15, 2010

Hungry?


So I found myself hungry today...as I do most days...and being the adventurous type when it comes to food, I found myself the target of two different marketing ploys by fast food giants of the industry.

For lunch, Rebekah and I took a trip down nostalgia avenue, and enjoyed the toss-back environment of skate-hops and drive ins with Sonic Drive In.

Apparently it is America's Drive In

At the hedgehog namesake restaurant, they were touting their new Ched 'R' Peppers SuperSonic Cheese Burger. This is a regular cheeseburger that has been spiced up with a Chipotle Mayo and had JALAPENO POPPERS added to the sandwich. How genius is that??

Of course I ordered it.

Then...later that day, I found myself hungry, yet again, (it happens 3 to 4 times a day...usually always after Noon). So I decided to head over to the Colonel's place
and try their new Double Down.


This is essentially a breaded and fried hunk of chicken, with a layer of melted cheddar cheese, a layer of bacon (because everything is better with bacon), and then another breaded/fried Chunk O' Chicken. No bread...no nasty vegetables to get in the way...just pure, unadulterated artery clogging bliss!

I ordered two...and a large side of mashed potatoes and gravy.

Life is good!

5 comments:

whitney said...

Nothing like a TWO big ol' hunks of chicken, cheese, and bacon. Who needs bread or veggies, anyway? Not me, that's who.

Smiley Family said...

Ugh! Just looking at those pictures is giving me heartburn!

rsheedy said...

You're kidding about ordering two, right?? Pretty sure just one would feed a family of four for a week. That's a lot of food!!

Gretch said...

Poppers on a hamburger...intriguing. You eat like this and yet you weigh what, like, 150 lbs. Yeah, you're lucky.

Unknown said...

lol! Chris Loved this post! now he wants to try both items, maybe I'll send him up your way :)