Monday, June 29, 2009

28 Days


I returned home from Scotland about 4 weeks ago. I decided to see how much fun I could squeeze in while I had some time off. So this is a summary of what I have been up to these last few weeks:
First of all, I made a quick trip down to Southern California to see my former Seminary students. It was seriously one of the most fun things I have ever done. I really miss those kids. It was fantastic to see them again. My friend Jamie came with me and we also hit the beach.

After getting back from California...wait, let me rephrase that: 5 HOURS after getting back from California, I found myself crawling into the backseat of my sister Bridgett's car. She and her husband Rory were heading up to Spokane, WA to visit our sister Gretchen and her family. Bridgett and Rory were kind enough to let me ride along. We spent a fantastic week up there visiting. We were able to see the largest Radio Flyer Wagon I have ever seen, along with all the beauty of the Spokane area. Plus I have some of the greatest nieces ever.





When I got back from Spokane, I had a few days to catch up on things like laundry and sleep. I did take a Wednesday evening to go spend with my old mission companion Scott. We had a great time out on the town in Downtown Salt Lake.

But then I was off again with Jamie down to Moab. There is a group of guys from Moab that started an annual trip each summer called, "The Massive Moab Trip". They invite more and more people every year. One of Jamie's roommates is engaged to one of the original organizers, so we went with them. There was river rafting, hiking and a huge BBQ to finish it off. It was a fantastic weekend.
After Moab, I spend the next week doing the following:

Monday was a lunch meeting with my buddies in the Man Trust, where we discussed such important matters as: dressing for success, what it takes to make yourself known in the business world, and which buffalo wing flavor is the best at Wingers. That was followed by a viewing of "Year One".
Don't bother.


Tuesday we were at the Midnight Showing of the new Transformers movie.
Do bother.


Wednesday I made a random trip to Cedar City and back.
Thursday I went mountain biking with my cousins Craig and Jen and her kids up beautiful Provo Canyon.
Friday morning I bonded with my parents. While most kids will spend time with their parents over lunch or some other meal, I spent the morning shooting guns with both my Mom and my Dad. Dad just got a new Springfield 9 mm, which is VERY cool. I'm jealous. My Mom wanted me to make sure that I mentioned what a good shot she was. Seriously though...I was pretty impressed at how good of a shot she was. We went out to West Mountain, which is pictured here.
I finally beat Nintendo's Super Mario Galaxy.
Finally, that afternoon, I went searching for a moose with my buddy Jon, and when we couldn't find it, we spent the rest of the evening playing Guitar Hero.
Finally on Saturday, I went down to the Mormon Miracle Pageant in Manti. I can happily say that this was the first time I ever made it through the whole thing without falling asleep. It was amazing.


So...what did you do in the last 4 weeks?

9 comments:

Julene said...

wow! you are hard to keep track of.

Smiley Family said...

You don't want to know what I have done in the last four weeks as it would likely put you to sleep. Compared to your life, mine is dull!! Okay, not really, I love my life. But seriously, do you ever slow down?? Oh, I did have a killer party that you missed out on ;o)

Laura F said...

We LOVE Galaxy, but aren't as close to passing it as we'd like to be. We meaning my son and I, as Justin has no patience for video games - it's kind of funny how that's turned out. We'll need to pick your brain for secrets when we get stuck - it's an amazing game!

whitney said...

Goodness! You are a busy guy, aren't you?

If you're ever free again and itchin' to get out of dodge, feel free to visit us in good ol' Kansas City. We don't have anything as cool as a giant red wagon, but we'll attempt to show you a good time.

Monica Lifferth said...

Two things...

1. Where do you get your energy?

2. Your mom is awesome. I can totally see her shooting a gun. :)

Gretch said...

The highlight of the last 4 weeks was the red wagon huh? :-) LOVED having you big Bro! Come any time!! You are one busy guy! I take it Scotland is on hold? So what else is new?

Nathan and Esther said...

wow...what a fun few weeks you have had. That would be like my whole life what you did in four weeks. That radio flyer is awesome!!!

Crazy Lifferths said...

Studied.

Unknown said...

I can't believe you were in Manti and didn't come say hello....