Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Huh? Seriously?


Yes...there was an earthquake...yes, I am alive and ok...and yes, the In-N-Out Burgers are all fully functional and operating. You can breathe easy.
Apparently, there was an earthquake about 10 minutes ago. I was driving on the freeway, so I didn't really feel anything. However, being the stellar reporter that I am, when I got to the office, I noticed that the entire building had been evacuated. Applying my investigative skills, I found out that I missed a 5.8 shaking of the Earth. We are obviously all back in the building now. However, I am kind of bummed because I didn't get to feel it.
The earthquake happened about 20 miles northeast of here around a place called Chino Hills. It was a 5.8 on the ol' Richter Scale.
You gotta love California!
In other news, I met with the doctor a few days ago about my MRI. He was optomistic because he now feels he knows what direction to go in. Yay for modern medicine! Anyway, the next step is to take a biopsy of a couple parts of my muscle and tissue. Here comes the knife!

11 comments:

rsheedy said...

Wow...thank goodness you're okay! Earthquakes are so weird; there's nothing that makes me feel more helpless. As for the MRI...I really hope they figure things out! It is so disconcerting when even the professionals are baffled. Good luck and keep us posted! :)

Famous Amos said...

Mmmmmmmmmmm. In-N-Out.

Keep me posted on your stuff. I'd love to search for info in pubmed ;)

It feels weird not seeing you guys every couple of weeks.

The Lund Five said...

I have never felt an earthquake. I hope that they figure out what is wrong with you soon. Good luck with all the biopsy's.

The Carter Family: said...

Wow! What a close call for you!! And don't forget to post soon about your results-that is just crazy!!!

Anonymous said...

A biopsy?! Is this all a disguise behind what you are really doing? Becoming a cyborg?!

The Wright's said...

I just applied the Reader - and saved a few minutes! Sorry to hear you missed the earthquake!! You just aren't a Californian without feeling at least one!

Craig Lifferth said...

Dude earthquakes feel so weird. I felt them all the time in my mission. The funny thing, I was in Los Angeles, Chile. Let me know what the doctor says about your hands and arms.

Chrissy said...

Earthquakes feel like you are riding waves in a raft. It is the oddest experience to have the ground feel liquid.
Though it is such a fear of mine to be driving in an earthquake, way to go for living out my nightmare.

About the comment you posted on my blog.
I <3 comics I always got a bunch in my stocking and Easter basket. Also I would go with my dad most weekends to pick some up.
Actually, it was comic book shopping that got the Mrs. and I together.
Do you read them? If you do the best shop in California is in Santa Monica called Hi De Ho Comics.
I think Spencer (the Mrs.) told me about the comic book of Ender's Game.
Since he has been trying to make the movie for so long but runs into the same problems, it makes sense Card would just go to comic.He seemed to really like writing for Iron Man.
The Mrs. writes a comic book column for Orsen Scott Card's online magazine www.intergalacticmedicineshow.com

Smiley Family said...

I haven't ever felt an earthquake myself, and I don't care if I ever do. I get motion sickness so bad, I wonder if it would make me throw up? Good luck going under the knife - this whole thing is very, very interesting.

whitney said...

That's ok about not feeling the actual earthquake, you were still in one, so that still counts on the coolness and bragging-rights scale.

Let us know how the biopsies go, hopefully everything runs smoothly. Good luck!

lasantine said...

Glad you're ok- but I'd be bummed to have missed the earthquake too.

Hope they can figure out what's going on- without chopping you up too much!