Thursday, June 12, 2008

Reality...You Are Ugly


So, along with most Americans with some nuance of literacy, I have been reading up on the two contenders for the Presidential Vacancy that will be arriving shortly. Wanting to gain as much information about these two men that I can, I have diligently been waxing up my understanding of these individuals by thoroughly consuming any and all information that I come across.

Lately, there have been quite few commentaries on the ages of these two candidates. Sen. McCain is of course noted for the many years he has accumulated under his belt. Sen. Obama on the other hand, has been vilified as not having enough rotations around the sun to adequately stand up to the pressures that could be placed upon his shoulders.

Well, I decided to check the facts and find out exactly how old Sen. Obama is. Thanks to the folks at Wikipedia, I learned that he is 46 years old.

He is 14 years older than me. That means he was in Jr. High when I was born.



*knock knock*


"Zach could you check the door and see who is out there?"

Sure thing.

"Who is it?"

Reality.

Crap.

10 comments:

Max Power said...

Go to thingsyoungerthanmccain.com. It's pretty funny.

If you want to put this into perspective and feel not so old. Obama is only 10, soon to be nine years older than me.

Nathan and Esther said...

wow...you are old. LOL just kidding...you are definetely still a spring chicken

Craig Lifferth said...

Knock Knock,
Who's there?
Craig.
Craig who?
Craig, and always be your friend. Your not old, your very young at heart.

Becca said...

I guess the moral of the story is that you shouldn't put things into perspective. Ha Ha j/k That's pretty crazy.

The Carter Family: said...

I must be getting too much sun, I really didn't get the joke in relation to the rest of the blog-but now I GET it!! Funny!! (Wait, maybe I shouldn't have even admitted that, huh?) Oh, well...too late!

Monica Lifferth said...

Old is as old does. Until your laying in a nursing home getting your depends changed, you're not old. :)

whitney said...

Don't worry Zach, if I thought of old people, or even middle-aged people for that matter, you'd be the very last person who comes to mind. I agree w/Monica-old is as old does.

Wait...does that make me significantly older than you? :P

Thistlerose said...

don't let these people kid you, zach. you're OLD! SOOOOOOO OLD! you probably invented the first wheel yourself, didn't you? tell me - what were dinosaurs like (no, this is not an invitation to make fun of my computer...)? what was it like before the light bulb was invented? did you have to watch tv in the dark?
oh, and how does it feel to know that in 14 years you'll still be too young to be considered a competent president?
you'd better get started on that political career of yours pretty soon...

whitney said...

In response to your recent comment, this is me sticking my tongue out at you, via the internet:

:P

Anonymous said...

Lol. Wow, Zach. Wow.
-Blue