Monday, October 22, 2007

Apparently I Am Skinny


Ok, so it's no surprise that when it comes to body types, I was born with "Body By Gilligan". I didn't exactly realize HOW skinny I was until just recently. My boss accidentally locked her keys in her office. When we couldn't find the spare in the safe room, you could say that we were flummoxed.
One of my buddies there suggested that we climb over the wall, through the ceiling tiles. We grabbed a ladder and he climbed up to take a look. There really isn't much room between the ceiling tiles and the heating ducts, wiring, support beams, etc. that hold the place together. In fact...there are 7 1/2 inches of space.
My buddy, being a bigger guy, backed down and said it was impossible. I told him to let me take a look. He laughed and told me to go ahead. When I told him I thought I could fit, he laughed and said there was no way.
A few moments later, when I opened the office from the inside, all of them stood with mouths agape and looks of awe.
This is the hole I crawled through.


Yep....7 1/2 inches.

9 comments:

Nathan and Esther said...

I must say that is pretty impressive. Are you made of rubber?

Smiley Family said...

It is a good thing you're not claustrophobic!

Gretch said...

Yes you are too skinny! But I'm sure the fact that your buddy said it was impossible made you want to accomplish your goal even more.

All About M.E.('s) said...

Thank goodness you were there. You should ask for a raise!

Monica Lifferth said...

You definately need a raise.

The Carter Family: said...

That was very impressive! You need to be proud of what you accomplished-not many people would be able to do that!

Zachary said...

I agree with all y'all...I need a raise. Though...the company did pick up the tab for my dry cleaning.

brian said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
brian said...

Forget the raise, you will make plenty of money joining the circus... I can see it now, " WORLDS THINEST MAN"

I guarantee my head would not even fit in that space...