Monday, October 23, 2006


Holy Crap that was a good burger!

So I decided that with all the traveling that I am going to be doing for my company, I am going to keep a blog of all the wiles and adventures that I get to enjoy on the company dime. This first entry comes as Lyndsey and I initiate what could be the first of many Road Trips through the Pacific Region. Our ultimate goal for today is Camarillo, California.
Today I experienced something that can only be described as “Hamburger Nirvana”. Throughout several years of exchanging information about random things found on the Internet, things such as an eBay auction for GOB’s Segway and t-shirts deemed unworthy for infants, (but still made in their sizes), my Brother-in-law Erik sent me what can only be described as the Holy Grail of Beef Cuisine: The Counter. www.thecounterburger.com
This quaint little shop on the corner has invoked a whole new revolution in what was once deemed, the common burger. With a myriad of not only toppings, but also types and sizes of burgers and buns, you can create literally thousands of combinations. Wanting to experience the full gambit of what is possible with this cornucopia of options, I chose the following toppings: Horseradish Cheddar, Italian Bleu Cheese, Black Olives, Tomatoes, Fried Onion Strings, Hard Boiled Eggs, Dried Cranberries, Peppercorn Sauce, all on a 2/3rd pound beef patty that was cooked to perfection. Ambrosia is a word used to describe food from Heaven. This was Ambrosia on a Bun. If you are ever in the Santa Monica area, try this place out. I give it two meaty thumbs up.
After leaving Santa Monica, we headed on up to the quaint little villa of Camarillo. This is a tiny little town that is nestled in a valley just north of LA. Beautiful community. However, there was one thing that sent my mind racing. There is a section of town that has a sign that says, “Drive Carefully, Children and Horses at play”. Upon reading this, my mind immediately raced through every feasible scenario in which a child and a horse may interact. It was quite disturbing.
In the end though, in our trusty Mitsubishi SUV which I have dubbed “The Gutless Wonder”, we arrived at our hotel and had our first of three opportunity meetings. It went very well. But again…the burger…that was what it was all about.

1 comment:

Max Power said...

Zachy, Zachy, Zachy. Individually most of these things are good. But together? Well, as Erik and I agreed last night - Just because you can doesn't mean you should.